Cooling-Masters
Connexion · INSCRIPTION · Site Recevoir à nouveau l'e-mail de validation

Swiftech MCP-655

Ajouter ou retirer ce sujet de vos favoris  ·  Suivre ce sujet  ·  Imprimer ce sujet
Page précédente    Page suivante 
Jag

Membre

vendredi 17 juin 2005 à 19:44:12     
Hi,

Has anyone bought this pump?
So far, the one that tested it was Cathar at the Overclockers.com.au forum, but as some time passed by, i thought that maybe in Europe someone had already bought one and could tell me how much noise it made.

The question is:
- since it has a reostat, (one can adjust the flow rate);
- it is said to be quieter than the D4 - Cathar says it's as loud as a Eheim 1250;

--> is it a better option when compared to the Laing DDC?

Rosco, i remember you writing about making a review with this pump?
What is your opinion? My real doubt is the real heat dump at the various flow rates.

Peak Pressure Head and Power Draw (Watts at dead-head) - measured by Cathar

#5, 4.10mH2O, 21.0W
#4, 3.05mH2O, 14.5W
#3, 2.25mH2O, 11.0W
#2, 1.40mH2O, 7.0W
#1, 0.60mH2O, 4.0W
Google

Rosco

Administrateur

vendredi 17 juin 2005 à 20:56:38     
Answer soon (~15 July), I'll test this new pump and others news

In terms of flowrate MCP600/655 it's a bit better than DDC in any rigs. I always found heat dump values from Cathar far from reality IMO, especially with MCP600 because volute/impeller are fully separated from the body, and pieces are made in plastic so heat transmission to water is quasi impossible (perhap's 1-2W? aluminium body is quite hot). I'll check that point normally with a "calorimeter". Tests will be a bit more complete (others data will come from the old pumps too to have a global point of view). But for sure heat dump of a D4/D5 is higher than a DDC...
Jag

Membre

vendredi 17 juin 2005 à 22:23:19     
O.k, i'll wait for your review then.
By the way, how's your test setup coming?Have you adquired some more equipment?
The last time i heard you talk about that was when you discussed the swissflow pressure loss.
Rosco

Administrateur

vendredi 17 juin 2005 à 22:37:33     
No more equipment, I have all what I need (for the moment). Swissflow flowmeter got a moderate pressure loss so flowrate range is not maximum as I want, but nothing's really critical.
Google

Page précédente    Page suivante