Cooling-Masters
Connexion · INSCRIPTION · Site Recevoir à nouveau l'e-mail de validation

WB à impact de jet

Ajouter ou retirer ce sujet de vos favoris  ·  Suivre ce sujet  ·  Imprimer ce sujet
Pages :  1  2  3 
Page précédente    Page suivante 
Zytrahus

:ouch:

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 11:24:44     
han

edit : il parle mieux qu'un dico

Message édité par Zytrahus le lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 11:25:03
Google

Xiao_Bin

Sesame riceball

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 11:29:39     
zut il va decouvrir que je lui ai copié son cascade

cathar
Cathar

Membre

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 11:35:39     
My apologies. The language barrier is somewhat difficult to bridge. A number of your statements appeared to be quite sarcastic to a native English-speaking person. The internet often makes it difficult to interpret the meaning of people's statements, let alone when dealing with translating between different languages.

Indeed, I feel that some people in the USA have gone too far with large and powerful pumps, and noisy fans on their poorly matching radiators. Too much effort is spent on solving the cooling problem with brute force.

At Overclocker's Australia a recent poll seemed to show that many Australian's who water-cool have a desire for a system that really is not that different to what the Europeans are trying to achieve. Perhaps the only real differences between the two is the preferred size of the tubing, although I feel that in time and with some good testing it will be shown that 3/8" ID tubing can perform almost as well (within 0.2C) of a 1/2" ID system even when given a pump like the fairly strong MCP600.

I would much rather see a quiet and efficiently set up cooling system. I believe that such a system sits roughly midway between the very low flow efforts of some of the European setups and the excessively powerful USA setups.
Mastaba

Membre

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 11:42:45     
Rosco isn' t really a bad guy, he' s just a gayzor who can' t fold

Cathar>
have you some comparison pics of your blocks ? (CaScade SS, XXX, Storm...)

(I know the "normal" CasCade because i have one )

(i can' t resist to post pics )

Cathar

Membre

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 12:34:32     
QUOTE (Mastaba @ Sep 6 2004, 11:42 AM)
have you some comparison pics of your blocks ? (CaScade SS, XXX, Storm...)

How many pics to put here? I'll just link to them rather than cluttering up the page.

Cascade SS

Internally very similar to the regular Cascade. Some minor tweaks to take advantage of the use of silver which really can't be made out just by looking at it.

A pair of Cascade SS bases

Socket A Cascade SS

Top view of Cascade SS

Cascade XXX

Only a single working XXX prototype block was made.

Base-plate internal shot

Failed attempt at XXX middle plate in polycarbonatenext to an uncleaned Cascade middle plate

Another picture of failed polycarbonate Cascade XXX middle plate

The middle plate was later successfully made out of white Delrin, but I don't have any pictures of it handy to show.

Storm

First batch in production as we speak. ~ 3 weeks to go. No internal shots as of yet - but it is a variation on the jetted block concept. Due to issues with the polycarbonate tops on the Cascade cracking under wide temperature variations, it was decided that we would use black Delrin on the Storm block. There will be a black anodised aluminium adaptor plate for Sockets 423/478/603/604/754/775/939/940 that fits on the top but I don't have a completed plate yet to show.

Socket A Storm block - external picture #1

Socket A Storm block - external picture #2

Mastaba

Membre

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 13:00:05     
it ize very bioutifouf !
Xiao_Bin

Sesame riceball

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 13:08:40     
hi Cathar, very nice job

did u ever consider using some metal tube instead of machined polycarbonate one ?
kissagogo27

Méchant Vieux Râleur

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 14:53:08     
QUOTE (Mastaba @ Sep 6 2004, 01:00 PM)
it ize very bioutifouf !

it's very beautiful
Cathar

Membre

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 15:10:29     
QUOTE (Xiao_Bin @ Sep 6 2004, 01:08 PM)
did u ever consider using some metal tube instead of machined polycarbonate one ?

I did. Main problems were with actually finding tubing small enough, and then there was the issue of getting it into position. In the end it is/was easier to just cut the tubes on the CNC mill out of a single solid piece.
Xiao_Bin

Sesame riceball

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 15:14:53     
I used the cascade principle for my own waterblock. i did like this for the tube.

I used brass because it was easy to weld the tube. these one are 1mm ID, but i found some which are 0.5mm ID which can be quite interesting. I agree there are some problems to attach it into polycarbonate.
Cathar

Membre

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 15:58:27     
QUOTE (Xiao_Bin @ Sep 6 2004, 03:14 PM)
I used the cascade principle for my own waterblock. i did like this for the tube.

I used brass because it was easy to weld the tube. these one are 1mm ID, but i found some which are 0.5mm ID which can be quite interesting. I agree there are some problems to attach it into polycarbonate.

Very nice job. Yeah - for doing a block just for yourself, that would definitely be a very convenient and easy way to implement it. In production I suppose you could pay someone to place all the little tubes and get them brazed into the metal middle plate, rather than soldered. Unsure if that would work out cheaper unless the block was being made in China where labour is very cheap. To carve out the block you just showed from a single piece of plastic material on a CNC would take around 10 minutes. Without a CNC mill, the way you've done it is excellent.

The other issue with using brass tubes is that it becomes harder to properly taper (slope) the inlets into the tubes. A good taper is important as it lessens the back-pressure of the block when the pump is trying to push water through it. Very easy to cut a desirable taper when carving the block out of a single piece of material.
Xiao_Bin

Sesame riceball

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 16:10:03     
well i agree for the production aspect... the best would surely to have it machined with CN in China (i dont think you could get properly soldered tube from China anyway )
about the taper, you mean the inlet of the tube ? i actually solder (and not glued) my tube because it was for me the best way to taper it like this (tube + plate)

sorry the picture is a bit small.
well whatever you do a great job developing this blocks, even a copy is performing very well
Cathar

Membre

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 16:30:57     
QUOTE (Xiao_Bin @ Sep 6 2004, 04:10 PM)
i actually solder (and not glued) my tube because it was for me the best way to taper it like this (tube + plate)

Excellent job!

Brazing is not gluing. Brazing is raising the temperature of the parts such that they just begin to melt and fuse together.

Yes, by tapering I meant the inlet into the tube/jet.

Nice job on the tapering in your picture. I was a little concerned with the wall-width lip of the tube at the bottom of the taper though. How did you handle that? Did you taper the inlets after soldering them in, or before?

Bed-time for me. 12:30am here.
Xiao_Bin

Sesame riceball

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 16:37:11     
thanks

well, when i mentionned glue, that would be for brass tube with polycarbonate plate. The tube are soldered before to be tapered.

what do you mean about the wall-width lip ? (i cannot figure out what it is) Since the solder goes inside by capilarity everything is plugged, and you can taper as much as you want, just like it were only one part, what i did on this picture.

Message édité par Xiao_Bin le lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 16:37:55
NeoBob22

aka_RedScalp_xD Clio2.2_1.4_16v_priv

lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 23:03:51     
au maille gaude sa parle en gliche ici
welcome cathar
is the storm block just a re organisation of the impact in the base ?! (maybe to optimise the "regoingoutofthehole") its what i think by looking your funny iwaki test
one thing is sure cathar, you are the men needed in this thread because of your interest and experience in impacts blocks
ps : sorry for my bad english
Cathar

Membre

mardi 07 septembre 2004 à 02:05:32     
QUOTE (Xiao_Bin @ Sep 6 2004, 04:37 PM)
Since the solder goes inside by capilarity everything is plugged, and you can taper as much as you want, just like it were only one part, what i did on this picture.

Thanks, that pretty much answered my question. Again - good work.
Xiao_Bin

Sesame riceball

mardi 07 septembre 2004 à 13:26:59     
that was my first prototype, im going to finish the second one someday
i only put 37 jets... its already a lot to do with the press drill
Google

Pages :  1  2  3 
Page précédente    Page suivante